CARBON FIBER WRAPPING
OSC introduces Carbon fiber reinforced epoxy resin non-metallic composite pipe repair services.
- Non-metallic GRP/RTR/FRP/RTRP/GRE/GRV pipes.
- Metallic high temperature lines up to 250ᵒC
When pipes develop defects such as
- 1) DENTS AND CHIPS
- 2) WALL THICKNESS LOSS
- 3) DELAMINATION
- 4) BURNED PARTICLES
- 5) DAMAGE TO FIBER BACKING
- 6) RESIN RICH LAYER SURFACE TOTALLY DRIED OUT
For the above defects below are 3 possible solutions.
- Replace the defected pipe and have a costly shutdown.
- Repair the defected pipe on site again with a shutdown (depends on method
- Repair without shutdown with easy to install non-metallic composite
In consideration with the severity of the defect OSC will design the proposal based on 100% wall loss of the pipe by taking a safety factor into consideration.
All repairs are made in accordance with ASME PPC-2 2015 (Article 4)
Our design package includes the following:
- 1. Case study of the pipe material including its design pressure, wall thickness, nominal wall thickness and diameter.
- 2. Assumptions and considerations for 100% pipe wall loss.
- 3. Pipe non-leak repair design calculation as per ASME PCC-2.
- 4. 3rd party mechanical testing of the of the composite sample material in
accordance with results obtained from pipe non-leak repair design
calculation for particular case. (All mechanical properties testing will be in
axial and hoop direction)
- 5. Detailed method of statement.
- 6. Raw material technical datasheets.
- 7. Technicians training certificates.